DIY - Handmade bauble jars (for under five pounds)

Friday, 9 December 2016

If you want to give a handmade gift this Christmas but don't have loads of time/money to spare then these bauble jars will be perfect for you. They make an ideal hostess gift or even better secret santa present. I've been guiding my friend through how to make these this week so thought it's time I shared a proper post. 
You'll need - Small baubles, I used these from Wilko but also recommend these glass decorations from Poundland (you can see them in my Inspired, December post), glass jars , pretty fabric scraps - you can't beat a bit of Liberty Tana Lawn but any silk or cotton fabric or ribbon will look really pretty. 

Cut strips of fabric 2cm x 30cm and thread through the hole in the top of the decoration.

Add all the decorations into a jar. I could fit about 12 decorations into each of my jars.

To finish tie a bow or add a little foliage to the top of the jar - that's it!

I love jewel colours at Christmas but if you prefer something more natural then you could use some simple bakers twine or strips of cotton, silk or lace.  It's a perfect project for using up your special scraps of fabric and ribbon.

If you have more time to spare then you could make your own decorations you can see my clay stars, feather filled baubles or Liberty print baubles for inspiration. I really like how these have turned out, they really do make a great alternative to a standard bottle of wine or box of chocolates, plus they'll last much longer! Happy making x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover