Summer 2016

Friday, 30 September 2016

This summer has been a special one, both fast and slow if that makes sense. Last year when I was shuffling up to London all huge and pregnant I made a promise to myself that I'd enjoy every summer I could not being office bound. Days have slipped by in a mixture of routine - breakfast, nap, lunch, nap, dinner, bedtime and adventures big and small. Whilst there have been no fancy trips to far flung places I've made the most of living by the sea, being in the garden and getting to explore some really beautiful parts of England. Having had nearly all my photos stolen when we were burgled back in May. I've been snapping away and most importantly printing pictures so I can remember these happy days. 

Above - Lower Slaughter, Cotswolds - one of the prettiest villages I've ever seen.


Top - Shoebury East Beach, this is one of my favourite local beaches - wild and full of sea glass treasures.

Middle - Chalkwell Beach, when the days were too hot to be outside I'd take Stanley either for breakfast or a crawl before dinner.

Bottom - Chasing the light around the house, playing with flowers, adding new charity shop treasures to my collections and home renovations. 

Top - Cotswold Lavender, Broadway - my best friend got married this summer so we made a week of exploring the Cotswolds. The wedding was of course beautiful and so were the surrounding villages. We just managed to see the lavender fields before they were cut. 

Bottom - West Wittering Beach, Chichester - At the beginning of September we went to The South Downs with Dan's mum and brother. It was another beautiful part of the UK that I had never been to before. I didn't take many photos as it rained the whole time but I got a shot of these beach huts just as the light switched from summer to Autumn. 

I normally dread the seasons changing but I'm feeling ready to embrace Autumn. Have a super weekend everyone. xx 

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe summer is over already - it seems to go faster and faster. The Cotswolds look amazing, I'm in the process of planning a bit of a staycation and I might just have to through them in the mix!

    - Natalie
    www.workovereasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely recommend the Cotswolds or the South Downs both are SO beautiful and perfectly English. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover