Inspired September

Thursday, 1 September 2016

The pull of autumn is in the air - the cat has been making the odd nightly appearance (she stays out all night in high summer), there is a crispness to the mornings and the nights are slowly drawing in. For me September is still summer and I always want to squeeze the last drops from these fading days.  In celebration of these final moments I pulled a quick moodboard together with gathered blooms from my garden (and veg patch), arranged on one of the many vintage plates I seem to be acquiring lately. I love the soft muted peaches and pinks alongside the sharp citrus of the hollyhock and patty pan squash. I've picked out some of the main colours and included them below, I find looking at colour the best way to get inspired. I hope you can use the colours somewhere in your creative activities this month. 
 I thought I'd share some of my creative plans for the weeks head, I find listing the best way to see what I need to do and want to get done. Here's what's on my list...

I'm hoping that our renovations will be almost complete, our new windows went into our dining room yesterday which is so exciting. If the room was more photogenic I'd definitely be pulling out all the stops and setting an end of summer table .

I'm really looking forward to getting back into teaching jewellery making workshops , my first class , beautiful bracelets, is happening on 13th September at Tea and Crafting in Camden.

I can't stop ordering from La Redoute, I finally took this rug out of its packaging a few weeks ago and it's just lovely and so soft. I also just got this denim dress and this striped one massively on sale - they will make a nice change from my grubby denim shorts that I've been wearing for days on end.

I'm loving Instagram stories, I've been trying to share bits and pieces from my days and I absolutely love seeing what everyone else is up to.

Finally, the biggest thing happening this month is my baby turns one ( I can't even...) we're yet to decide how to celebrate but it's definitely an occasion that needs a cake. Where did the year go?!

Have a super month everyone. Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover