Styling The Seasons - June with Holly's House Competition

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Welcome to June's Styling the Seasons, there is plenty to get excited about this month - one,  the garden roses are out, two, I've posted on time and three, this month Katy and I have teamed up with the wonderful Holly's House to give one lucky person the chance to win this beautiful cooper hexagonal table. To enter all you need to do is style any surface to represent what the month of June means to you, upload your photo to your blog or any social media platform and tag Katy, Holly's House and myself. We'll pick the winner on 30th June and announce the winner on our blogs so keep an eye out. 
Onto my side table, behind the scenes I've been very busy getting stuff done. If you've read my blog for a while then you'll know I've been faffing around with my bedroom. I haven't been happy with its layout since we moved in and as the house is in general chaos I thought I'd put one more room into disarray and paint my bedroom. I finally moved the new bed to its new home and have installed side tables. I tried to be cool and just have a stool but Dan and I are messy people and we need drawers and cupboards to hide our stuff. I found these matching side tables in a secondhand shop at the top of the road - they are the perfect size for the space and have this most beautiful marble top. They are definite keepers. As I always have a project or ten piled up by the side of my bed I've included these sweet Indian bells and Swedish linen threads. I bought them from The Decorative Living Fair and they are top of my make list, I can't wait to get them into a necklace I have planned. 
I was hoping to have had the whole bedroom complete by now but a few projects too good to pass up have come my way so I'm a little delayed. Its ok as I used this months post as a visual moodboard to get the final colours of the room together, these soft yellows, pinks and mauves all work so well together against the delicate green I've painted the walls. I'm deciding between two giant embroideries to go on the wall behind the bed and I now know which one is going to make the cut...
The month of June is always one of my favourites, gardens burst with life, days are (sometimes) warm and there are usually holidays on the horizon. The more Styling The Seasons posts I write the more I realise how much I depend on nature to keep me fulfilled. I made a rule at the beginning of the  year to by plants over products and it's definitely working. Bulbs I planted last year have been popping up all over the place and these daisies I grew from seed are taking over the flower beds. The yellow poppy was a surprise find, I don't remember planting it but there it was smiling away. I have to admit I borrowed the roses from my mum as the only ones in my garden didn't work with this post. I normally put all my flowers into various jam jars I've collected but decided to use this rose gold paper bag from the Future Kept and love the contrast between the textures of the petals and the shiny-ness of the bag. 
The piece of wood was salvaged from the wood pile of our upstairs renovations, the rooms should be ready for painting this month which is SO exciting. The work hasn't caused too much pain but I am very excited to get myself installed into my new workroom - as I type this I'm currently blocking out the piles of washing, odd bits of furniture old boxes that are surrounding me. It'll be brilliant to start the month a fresh and no longer with renovations quite literally hanging over our heads. Have a great month everyone I can't wait to see your posts. 

Styling The Seasons is a monthly project run by Katy from Apartment Apothecary and myself. Each month we invite you to style a surface in your home to reflect what the month means to you. Share your images on your blog or on any social media platform using the #StylingtheSeasons hashtag.

1 comments:

  1. Such a pretty arrangement! The marble tops on the side tables are lovely. When I was a child I had a big marble-topped dressing table. I wish I could transport it to my house now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover