The Decorative Living Fair

Friday, 27 May 2016

Whilst we were in Suffolk Dan and I made a resolution to have a family day once a month. Weekends can get pretty hectic trying to fit in jobs around the house, seeing family and friends etc. When I was invited to the The Decorative Living Fair I thought it would be a great opportunity to spend the day together outside looking at lovely things for the home and our garden. 

It was more beautiful than I could have imagined, the grounds and house of Eridge Park were stunning. Dan was able to spend quality boy time with Stanley on the grass whilst I looked around at the fabulous stalls. The fair is organised by Hetty Purbrick and Caroline Zoob who hand select the exhibitors, who in turn display only their finest wares - think dreamy French Brocante, treasured linens and all sorts of random goodies you didn't know you needed. 
I don't get to venture too far with a little one in tow, so was hugely inspired by the effort that all the stall holders went to to create such amazing stands. Just to wander around the stands was enough to fill my brain with happy colours and new ideas. I couldn't resist a purchase (or two) at one of my favourite stands - The Old Haberdashery. I've heard about them on Instagram but it was lovely to meet the owner Sonia and enthuse over the fair and my general love of haberdashery. Another favourite of mine was Su Mason textiles, the selection of prints and linens was gorgeous, just a little out of my price range which is a good thing as I would have bought the lot! 
I really loved the relaxed and friendly feel to the fair. It was easy to manoeuvre the pram around which is always a huge plus these days and great to speak to so many lovely people and make new discoveries.  I'll definitely be going again but with a few more pennies in my purse. 

Thanks so much to the organisers for inviting me, our tickets were complimentary all thought and opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover