Styling The Seasons - May

Monday, 2 May 2016

The May bank holiday has always signalled the start of a new season to me - light bright mornings, warm days and the whole summer stretching ahead. I get so excited at the possibilities I don't know where to start! As someone addicted to colour I find setting the tone with a fresh colour palette really helpful - I adore all the bluebell shades that are scattered around the garden at the moment and couldn't resist adding the delicate peach, lilac and white shades to the mix for this months post. 
I had to venture outside and away from my own home this month, as I mentioned in this post the second part of our house renovations have begun so there is stuff everywhere and there is not a single surface to be styled. My home away from home is at my parents house and luckily for me there is creativity and props to be found everywhere. I took these photo's in my dads driftwood corner - a place in the garden where he displays and stores his beach finds. I love the colours and textures of the sea beaten wood and always take a nose to see his latest finds.
May is also a time of celebration it's our fourth wedding anniversary this month which I completely forgot about until I spotted this vase! I thought I should include as a reminder to myself, I'm so forgetful lately I feel like I need to spend some time off the internet this month and focus on simplifying and getting my brain in order. Whenever I see this vase I'm always taken back to our wedding day, it was the best and we had so much fun organising it. Just looking at it reminds me of the sight of all the flowers in the barn, the sound of all our loved ones laughing and all the crazy dancing that followed. My BFF is getting married this summer so I'm beside myself with excitement for the celebrations that will be happening over the next few months. 
I hope that everyone has a good May, things maybe a bit quiet around here this month as I try and balance building work and a lively baby but I'll be checking in when I can. If you want to join in Styling The Seasons this month the upload an image to any social media platform and make sure you tag in Katy and myself so that we can see. Have a wonderful month. xx 

1 comments:

  1. As I was reading this, the rain started to fall outdoors and leaves are swirling around in the week. It's like a complete contrast to the calm, quiet, prettiness of your styling. But I guess that sums up May. We just don't know what we're going to get weather-wise but it's still such a lovely month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover