Styling The Seasons - March

Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Oh hi there March! I'm so excited that winter is almost behind us and we can start to enjoy longer, brighter days. In celebration of this I've used all the colours for this month Styling The Seasons. Last week it was my birthday so have made the most of all my birthday blooms alongside some newly acquired flower arranging skills. 
As Spring emerges, my dining room comes into its own. It's the first room in the house to get the sun in the afternoon and I love spending time in there with all my colourful bits and pieces. I'm really inspired by all the textiles I've collected over the years at the moment, including this new silk embroidery I picked up in a secondhand shop a few weeks ago. I think its destined for my bedroom but we'll see...
Home improvements have come to a bit of a standstill lately, we're planning to get the final lot of building work done at some point so it feels like a waste of energy to get the rest of the house in order and have then have it undone during the work. I have so much to go onto walls - I can't wait to get everything into its final place plus have a finished and slightly warmer house! 
As a distraction from possible building work I'm busying myself with planting seeds and planning the garden. This colourful bunch of flowers is definitely inspiring me to get going and I can't pass a shop selling bulbs or seeds without buying a packet or two. I'm hoping this month will give me a few warmer days to get outside in the garden you never know July's Styling The Seasons might feature all my own flowers. 
For me March is a month of hope and celebration, the end of dark days and onto my favourite months of the year. I'm glad I've had a few quiet months to rest and enjoy being a mama but I'm more than ready for a change of season and scenery. Come on flowers! 

Styling The Seasons is a monthly project run by Katy from Apartment Apothecary and myself. Each month we invite you to style a surface in your home to reflect what the month means to you. Share your images on your blog or on any social media platform using the #StylingtheSeasons hashtag.

7 comments:

  1. So much colour happiness right here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these pictures Charlotte, the Bohemian style and colourful flowers, as always pictured with great talent !

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is GLORIOUS! What a beautiful riot of colour — SO happy that spring is finally here :) Although looking out of my window today, you'd never ever know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Charlotte! It's so bright and cheery. Happy birthday btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful spring display! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone, they really were such a joy to look at. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers, and I love how you've arranged them! I too am really excited about summer in the garden and all the lovely flowers to come.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover