Styling The Seasons - February

Monday, 1 February 2016

February is a funny month, not quite winter as the shoots of spring bulbs give us false hope of sunnier days and not quite spring as it's still freezing and grey. I wasn't sure how to style the month, February is my birthday month so it should be all about celebration but as my birthday feels ages away that didn't feel right. As I loved January so much I decided to take a January approach to February - simple and calm. 
My mantlepiece hasn't felt right since the Christmas decorations were taken down, I had kept up fairylights but decided to take them down and fill the space with candles and fresh flowers instead.
As the nights are still long and my pretty things now have to compete with ugly baby toys, I have kept the decorations paired back (for me). The jugs are favourite charity shop finds and as I love the room to smell good too, I have stocked up on Parkminster candles in spring fragrances. So inspired by my candle collection and slightly worried about the amount I spent on them I've ordered candle making supplies to make my own (you can see previous candle making here) - I need something to distract me whilst I watch my bulbs surface outside!

I hope the month brings quiet creativity, no pressure just the chance to enjoy a few more quiet days and let DIY projects happen when the time is right.

Styling The Seasons is a monthly project run by Katy from Apartment Apothecary and myself. Each month we invite you to style a surface in your home to reflect what the month means to you. Share your images on your blog or on any social media platform using the #StylingtheSeasons hashtag.

3 comments:

  1. Wow truly stunning little corner of your oasis hun. I love this. So beautiful. Your styling and photography is always so pretty. I am loving this series this year and joining in hoping to keep getting better and better with it though. :) Work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blooms and candlelight - such a pretty combination Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Charlotte! My post for February was going to feature Hyacinths too but by the time I got around to writing my post they were so wilted and leggy!!! You put me to shame — MUST try harder next month!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover