2015 Review

Wednesday, 6 January 2016



I started January 2015 full of plans and enthusiasm but by the end of the month I found out I was pregnant and everything changed. I did my best to carry on as normal - teaching classes, writing for magazines and of course sharing as many tutorials as I could but alongside my day job but it became harder and harder so about half way through the year I had to accept that I couldn't do it all. Pregnancy was more difficult than I thought it was going to be but knowing what I know now and having such a scrummy baby I wouldn't change a second of it (well, maybe I'd have taken more holidays!!!) 
Looking back I still managed to pack in alot and did alot to be proud of, here are some of my highlights.

Styling The Seasons wreath making workshop - Katy and I organised this back in April and it was such an amazing day. We met so many of our wonderful Styling The Seasons participants got to play with the most beautiful flowers and had an all round fantastic time. I really treasure the community we've created. 

Mollie Makes Magazine - It's always such a pleasure to be asked to contribute to such a great craft publication it makes me feel like a real crafter when I'm featured! You can see my Chevron Bead Necklace and Christmas Wreath 

Craft workshops - I loved teaching in 2015 and added some new venues and new workshops to the mix. I really loved creating Flower Crowns for a hen party, teaching my Introduction to Jewellery Making at Tea and Crafting in Camden and adding this Rope and Brooch Statement Necklace to my repertoire.  I'm concentrating on being a mama at the moment but hope to get back to teaching later on in the year. 

Writing a book (almost!) - Over the summer I book my very first book proposal together. I was approached my a publisher to write a book on leather jewellery making, I don't think it's going ahead but I'm still really proud that I was even approached and it was a brilliant experience. Jewellery making is a bit of a niche but one I love dearly, nothing makes me more content that pulling materials together to make something beautiful. 

Gift wrapping - The popularity of my gift wrapping tutorials took me some what by surprise. I have always loved wrapping presents and I'm so glad that you do too. Being approached to be on Kirsty's Homemade Home definitely gave me a confidence boost and you can expect to see more tutorials around these parts, I haven't even begun to explore my ideas yet! 


I guess 2015 feels like the year of almosts but its given me a glimpse of what I can do. I'm easing myself into 2016, I don't have wild plans but there are definitely changes that I want to make and new ideas to explore. Thank you all so much for reading I appreciate every click and of course if there is anything you want me to make I'd love to hear from you. Happy making! x

Tutorial links below

Top image
Row 1 - Gluten Free Banana MuffinsLeather, Jewel & Chain Necklace / Leather Cord Love Bracelet / Floating Drift Wood Shelf / Star Stud Earrings /

Row 2 - Jewel and Brooch Statement Necklace / Wooden Chair Makeover / Spring Gift WrappingSilk Wrapped Earrings / Paper Flower Name Tags

Row 3 - Hen Party Flower Crowns / Simple Budget Friendly Bedroom Updates / Silk and Seed Bead Bracelets / Bathroom Makeover / Pimpmydeckie 

Row 4 - Mollie Makes, Bead Chevron Necklace / Driftwood Boat / Rope & Brooch Statement Necklace

Bottom image
Row 1Leather Trimmed Hanging Vase /  Wedding Headpiece / Simple Blackberry Syrup / Colourful Gift Wrapping / Simple Cabinet Makeover

Row 2Studded Bangle Kit / How to Create a Flat Lay Photo / Candle Making / Vintage Flower and Diamante Necklace / Patchwork Cushions

Row 3Christmas Wreath / Mollie Makes Christmas Wreath / Metallic Gift Wrapping / Simple Christmas Crackers / How to lay a Christmas Table

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover