Styling The Seasons - December

Wednesday, 2 December 2015

I really love December, the anticipation that hangs in the air and the abundance of fairy lights makes the dreamer in me very happy. This year I hope will be extra magical, with Stanley's arrival Dan and I are so excited about putting up our tree, decorating the house and celebrating with family, friends and our family of three. Last year we so badly wanted a baby and this year our wishes have come true and we couldn't feel luckier - we both plan to enjoy every moment that this time of year brings.
December is a funny month for Styling The Seasons, I won't start my full decorations until the tree is up in a week or two so decided to include my favourite elements of the season; candles that smell like Christmas, boxes of clementines, crafting and loads of greenery from the garden . Even though I have a full eleven months to get prepared for Christmas I always leave everything to the last minute, it doesn't seem right to me to start anything before the first, including this wreath! I made the wreath last night from and old lampshade my mum had kept and added foliage mixed with fairy lights. It was really simple to put together and looks a bit like one the many wreaths I have be pinning on Pinterest lately. 

For The rest of the table I've included bits and pieces from my Christmas prep - parcels for our advent tree, clementines and an amazing apple cake I plan to keep baking instead of the usual fruit cake, the cinnamon and sugar make the house smell amazing. This month feels rather paired back for me but I'll be adding more as the month goes on - you'll be sick of my dining table by the end of the month!

If you haven't already joined in Styling The Seasons then December is the perfect month to start. Katy from Apartment Apothecary and I, invite you to style any surface in your home to reflect what the month means to you, share on any social media platform using the hashtag #StylingtheSeasons. I can't wait to see your December. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover