Styling The Seasons x Makelight - November

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Well hello November! This is my first proper post since last month's Styling The Seasons and I'm so happy to be back. This month Katy and I have the pleasure of teaming up with Emily Quinton from Makelight and Ruth Garner from Gathered Cheer for a rather special competition. We're giving away a place at any one of Emily's Makelight photography workshops, you can see all the courses here. The theme of the month is flat lay* and to be in with a chance of winning you need to style a flat lay photograph to represent what the month means to you. Tag the photo with the hashag #STSxmakelight on any social media channel. Entries must be in by 29th November and we'll announce the winner on our blogs on 30th November.
The theme of my flat lay is all about being local, since I no longer spend my days commuting up to London, I've found a new love of my home town (Leigh-on-Sea) and want to celebrate all the great places I have on my doorstep. I couldn't put a flat lay together without flowers - I went to Scent, my favourite florist and picked up gorgeous blooms. I couldn't resist these pompom dahlia's and beautiful carnations I also added this little flower pot the pile as I plan to use it on my mantle. Another favourite shop of mine is Forget-me-not, a fantastic lifestyle store that sells everything I didn't know I needed. I love these Parkminster candles, I went for a warming Pomelo and Ginger which is a delicious autumnal scent. They make perfect presents but I usually end up keeping them for myself! 
After a solid month of all things baby I was ready to for a new creative project. I was quite intimidated by the thought of a flat lay, it's not something I normally do (well) and the temptation was to revert back to a style I feel comfortable with. I did some research and took my time to plan and gather and I'm so happy with the results. Once I got going it came together really quickly, it was a strangely therapeutic process and totally addictive I could have spent all day playing around with possibilities. If you're nervous about Styling The Seasons I really encourage you to take part in this challenge - you don't need a lot of space or a fancy camera, a phone camera is perfect for this type of project as its much easier to capture. I took so many photos on my phone before taking out my big camera. 
I really loved this month's challenge it was so refreshing to try something new. I hope it inspires you to get creative this month, I can't wait to see what you come up with. To enter the competition make sure you use #STSxmakelight and for all your usual Styling The Seasons posts use #SylingtheSeasons. I'm so excited! xx

*A flat lay photograph is a photo take from above. In internet terms its usually of pretty things artfully arranged! 

3 comments:

  1. Apologies, clearly I have been watching too much Craig Revel Horwood and strictly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover