Book review - How To Print Fabric, Zeena Shah

Friday, 16 October 2015

Not only is Zeena Shah one of loveliest people on the crafty circuit she is extremely talented too. I was delighted when she told me she was writing her first book - How To Print Fabric - and I was even more delighted when I got a sneaky peak to review. I do love a new craft book especially one filled to the brim with glorious projects to try.
I'm a huge fan of creating your fabric, nothing creates a unique piece than printing your own fabrics. What I love about this book is the range of techniques that if covers from elastic band printing and brush painting to more advanced screen printing methods using freezer paper. I've always been a bit confused by freezer paper but now I can't wait to give it a try.
There are some really great DIY's to try too, I really liked the laundry bag and the simple no sew tea towel (my current selection are looking rather sad so can't wait to print some new ones). If you're already a fan of Zeena's beautiful designs then I think you'll love the fox pillow tutorial, all templates are provided so you cant go wrong!
I know a stumbling block for trying new DIY's can be sourcing the materials. there is a great section on what fabric and paint to use for each project as well as a really comprehensive list of suppliers to purchase from. That said, I really like the fact that most projects use objects you probably already have in your craft kit.
This is such a fantastic book and guide to modern day printing I really recommend buying a copy pronto, I guarantee you'll be using it for years to come. 
How to Print Fabric by Zeena Shah is available to buy here

You can also find so really great video's that Zeena has made to accompany the book on the Stitch, Craft and Create YouTube channel

Disclaimer: All content and photos from the, How To Print Fabric Blog Hop are copyrighted and courtesy of Stitch Craft Create.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover