Styling The Seasons - September

Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Whenever there are big changes happening I always seem to revert back to simplicity and nature, whether that be a new year or new season. A clean palette of whites and greens always makes me feel clear headed and calm. For this months Styling The Seasons I have kept everything as simple as possible, in between finishing work to start maternity leave and getting ready for my new arrival I haven't had much time to get really creative. I put this together a few weeks ago and really enjoyed working with simple textures and a limited (for me) range of colours. 

When I look back through the big events in my life new starts always seem to occur in September - starting school, university, first job. It's been ten years since I left uni and in those ten years I've feel like I've been bouncing around trying to find some kind of career that fits As this September welcomes a whole new chapter in my life I feel really ready for a change and I'm looking ahead with a mix of extreme excitement and terror! 
Like last September, I always like to hold on to what remains of the warm months as long as possible. As the flowers in my garden are past their best I gathered these beautiful leaves instead. I love the tropical feel of the twisting passion flower and the fragrant jasmine. The passion flower is actually next doors and has the most amazing pink flowers, I'm delighted that it spills over the fence. 
There have been updates all over the house lately and sadly we've had to cover the wooden floor in our our lounge with carpet (for now) but I have installed a side table with this gorgeous pineapple lamp kindly given to me by Laura Ashley. It makes such a difference to the room and I really love the dull silver of the base. I've mixed in this fab vase which was only £6 from Anthropologie, for Anthropologie it makes it pretty much free! It's so heavy and tactile it's a perfect partner for the lamp. I also included this sweet etched dish from Decorators Notebook, I love all their homewear I just wish my furnishing budget was bigger so I could buy more. 

 So this is what my September looks like, clean and simple. Katy and I would really love to see how you reflect the seasons in your home. In preparation for the bloggers Vintage Jumble & Prop Sale on October 4th at 1.30 – 4.30pm in King Edward Hall, Lindfield, West Sussex , we'd love to see your vintage take on styling this month, I'll be playing along on Instagram search for the #stylingtheseasons hashtag. If you need some inspiration take a look at Katy's mouth watering post for this month, its my favourite so far! 

1 comments:

  1. I love these sorts of interior posts, they are just so inspiring! I love the pineapple and I love the simplicity of these pieces. It's all so fresh and pretty x

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover