Styling The Seasons - what I've learnt

Monday, 24 August 2015

With the first year of Styling The Seasons coming to a close, I wanted to reflect on what I have learnt throughout the past year. I was so nervous when I published my first post, photographing my home was brand new to me I really didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. 

Don't let the word styling put you off. In the blogging world stylists are held in huge esteem, they're the ones that set trends and influence. Once I got over the fact that I wasn't a stylist and didn't have to be like everyone else I began to settle into my style and find what works for me. Layered textures, rustic recycled finds, an abundance of flowers and colour seem to get me most excited. 

It can take a while to find your style. We're all at different stages, some of our amazing Styling The Seasons bloggers were sharing their homes long before this project started. I love the fact that each month there is so much inspiration to be sourced from posts and on our hashtag - #StylingTheSeasons. I always try and analyse why I like something and then let it influence next months post. If it doesn't work then I move on.

You can't be inspired every month. And that's ok. 

Make time. Finding any minute of spare time has always been biggest challenge. I now look forward to the half a day I set aside for this project. My styling, photography and confidence have all massively improved as a result of having some breathing space to focus and try new ideas. 

Collaborating. I'm not sure if Katy will agree (wink!) but one of the things I have enjoyed most is collaborating. Not only is Katy generally amazing but having someone to bounce ideas of plan events makes ideas much more likely to happen. Our Styling The Seasons events have definitely been one of my blogging highlights (you can see the Liberty Crafting The Seasons here and Floral Wreath Workshop here)

We're all the same really. Meeting people in real life makes me realise we're all just the same. We're all guilty of comparing ourselves and thinking everyone is better. When I hear  the stories behind posts and reasons for people picking up their cameras, I realised that everyone is a little bit scared and worried of not being good enough - what we all have in common is we're done our best and put ourselves out there which is the most important thing. 

As always thanks so much for all your support over the past twelve months. You can see all my posts on the Styling The Seasons tab on the side of my blog. x

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post and such valuable lessons to have learnt. What a great project it has been and, yes, I have loved collaborating with you ;) He he, we've had so many funny chats and I've learnt loads from you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover