Styling The Seasons - July

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Was it me or did June go exceptionally fast? I can't believe we're now in July and onto a whole new month of Styling The Seasons. I've really enjoyed the (good) challenge of working with different companies to incorporate products and themes into our posts over the past few months (see Loaf, Bloom & Wild and Laura Ashley posts) so this month it felt both daunting and fun to have complete free reign over the months theme. Katy and I met up a few weeks ago to discuss and plan Styling The Seasons, naturally our conversation took random turns until we got onto the subject of blue and white - we both loved this post and wanted to get more of it into our lives (see Katy's post on Ardley Antiques Fair for proof!). I hosted a Fathers Day breakfast for my Dad and just knew it was the perfect opportunity to get my best blue and white china out and do a little late night making. 
I always wanted my dining room to have the flexibility to be changed for different occasions, this time its worked rather fabulously with my sea inspired table. It's very easy when you live by the sea to fall into a beach cliche but as my Dad is a man of the waves, I don't think he's missed a days sailing in 50 years, I wanted to create a sea inspired table in his honour.   

I gathered all my blue and white china and glasses (most from charity shop hauls) and enamelware (jug mine, urn borrowed from my sister) and painted a wave table runner to tie everything together. These table runners are my new favourite (see my hen party version), they are so simple to whip up, all you need is some watercolour paint and a roll of childrens craft paper and get creative with your theme, spots and stripes work well if you don't feel that inspired.
My sister and I used the extra paper to wrap his presents too. 

July will always be the month that summer really gets underway, its my absolute favourite time of year. It reminds me of the fizzy excitement of school finishing for six weeks, nights outs with friends that last well into the next day and the smell of the sea as I get off the train from a busy week in London on a Friday evening. This year as I head into my third trimester I'm starting to get excited about my upcoming arrival (fingers crossed all stays well) until this point anything baby has felt too daunting and I haven't wanted to jinx progress but I'm slowing feeling more ready to get into a baby place. I have a few more classes to teach and projects to wrap up and then a week off, I just hope the skies stay glorious and blue like they have been this past few days so I'm able to enjoy them.

To join our fabulous Styling The Seasons community all you need to do is upload a blog post or image across any social media channels using the hashtag #stylingtheseasons - style any surface in your home to reflect what the month means to you and your home. You can take part at anytime during the month and as many times as you want too! I'm really looking forward to seeing what the month means to you. x

4 comments:

  1. Without a doubt my favourite Styling the Seasons post yet! Just absolutely beautiful and so creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those driftwood boats! They are so lovely. My dad is also a sailor. The years of waves and weather blasting his body has turned his skin to brown leather, and I sort of like it - it's as though his passion has made him, rather than the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and white and all the personal touches. So, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The greenery and flowers add to the relaxing feel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover