DIY - driftwood boat

Friday, 10 July 2015


I love these driftwood boats so much I thought I'd give them a whole post. They are super easy to make and are the perfect DIY to create once you get home from a holiday and want an inexpensive memento. I often feel that my best/most creative ideas come when I'm pushed for time and don't have time to plan or go out and buy supplies. I made these late (for me) at night when the shops were shut and I had to use what I had to hand, in this case small bits of driftwood, muslin fabric and wooden skewers.

To make I wiggled the skewers into any holes or gaps in the wood in roughly the position of a mast, I used an awl on a few pieces just to make a bigger hole and added a squeeze of glue from my glue gun to secure. I then cut triangle shapes from the muslin fabric and glued around the 'mast' creating a sail, I stuck the edge of the sail to back of the boat to make sure it didn't flap around. To finish I made some ribbon flags using seaside-y grosgrain that I've had for years. These are so simple I promise they won't take you longer than 10 minutes.

I really hope you give these a try, they are such a sweet summertime project. Happy Making! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover