Monet's Garden, Giverny

Friday, 15 May 2015

Some floral goodness today for your Friday, I couldn't wait to share these photos from Monet's Garden with you all. Its such a beautiful place, seeing the light and colours you completely understand why he (Monet) painted like he did. As a very keen beginner gardener I loved seeing plants I recognised and have the possibility of growing myself - tulips, daffodils, forget-me-nots, poppies, peonies etc. I've since  bought forget-me-not seeds and am planning some serious tulip-age for 2016! If gardening isn't your thing then go for the colours and light alone, I filled my head with colours, patterns and textures - its such a good place for the soul. 

My writing can't really do it justice so I'll leave you with pictures. I have put all the travel details at the end of the post, it's really easy to get to the gardens from the centre of Paris but will need a little bit of planning as train times are quite strange!!! Have a great weekend everyone. x

How to get to Monets Garden from the centre of Paris.

Take the Train from Gare Saint Lazare to Vernon - I checked the times using this site . Make sure you put the station name as Paris. It costs 12.50 Euro each way.

Once at Vernon follow the footsteps to the bus stop (it makes sense when you get there). The bus runs with the traintimes and costs Eight Euros return.

You can pre-buy tickets (my dad got ours and from the sounds of things it was a bit of a faff) but it meant we could queue jump and go straight into the gardens once we got there.

Any other questions give just drop me a note.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. :) Lovely photos. Hope you're well. Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is a just perfect for you, flowers, beautiful colours and many pictures to be taken (without the crowd ?), I have never been there yet ! Have a great WE, I am heading to Craftacular !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover