Featured - Materially Crafted: A DIY Primer for the Design-Obsessed, Victoria Hudgins

Friday, 22 May 2015

I'm always so flattered when anyone asks to feature my work - whenever I think of a new project I always hope that it will inspire someone, somewhere to add a little more creativity into their day. So imagine how excited I was when Victoria from A Subtle Revelry asked to feature my painted fabric gift bags in the book she was writing. The request came in so long ago I almost forgot, It was only when I was looking on her blog a few weeks ago that I remembered, I hastily ordered my copy from Amazon and there the tutorial was on page 159 (if your interested).

I love it when people turn their blogs into books, having something to physically hold onto, turn pages and mark projects makes me so excited. I've been reading this book before I go to bed, I love how it is an extension of her blog and not a rehash of old projects. Each craft area has it's own selection - concrete, paint, plaster etc - with a straight forward introduction and explanation as to what material does. This definitely makes each project feel more achievable and definitely inspires that "I want to try that feeling"-  I'd like to give the concrete section a go. 

It really is a prefect DIY primer and I'd really recommend getting yourself a copy or if you know a crafty friend get them a copy, I know I'll be referring to this book for years! 

Thanks  to Victoria for including my project (you can find the original post here and jazzy version here) and well done on such a fabulous book! Have a super weekend everyone xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover