Styling The Seasons - April

Wednesday, 1 April 2015

An exciting Styling the Seasons for you today, Katy and I have teamed up with at {mine} to host a very special competition. We are holding a floral wreath making workshop taught by the wonderful Caroline from Wild Rubus with flowers supplied by Bloom & Wild and Lou from Little Green Shed with taking us through May Day posies. The workshop will take place Wednesday 29th April 1030 -1230 at Homemade London. To be in with a chance of winning all you need to do is style a surface in your home to reflect what the month means to you, upload the image to your blog, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #StylingSpringAtMine  and of course be available to attend the workshop.

One of the many brilliant things about this competition is there are 13 places to be won, each of the at mine bloggers - Emily, Emma, Cate, Teri, Sarah-Lou, Jeska, Heather and Lou - will pick a winner as well as Katy, myself, at {mine}, Caroline and Olivia at Bloom and wild. The competition is open from today and closes 15th April. Good stuff, hey?

After that excitement let's move into April's post, if March was a month of muddle then I feel like April is a fresh start. After falling in love with these beautiful flowers that Bloom & Wild supplied I decided on a clean white theme for my mantle. Bloom & Wild send out bouquets that can be posted through the letter box, it was fab to come home in Thursday to such a lovely treat. I love how you can split the bouquet and create lots of different arrangements, there were some gorgeous purple lisianthus which I put in another room as I loved the crispness of green and white together.
The room was ready for a refresh, I loved my after Christmas mantle but felt it was time to swap out fairy lights for more spring pieces. I added bell jars (this little one is from H&M) along with bottles (Fentimans bottles make great candle holders I've discovered), jars and various other bits I have collected - like the birds nest, heart shaped stone and ceramic egg. Of course my birdcages from Rockett St. George always feature (I love them so much), I filled these with more flowers.
It wouldn't be a post of mine without some handmade element. My mum made this bunting for my wedding but always kept it at her house, she's recently had a bunting swap so I've taken over ownership. It's so simple to make, she used plain a4 paper and simply folded it in half and quarters and cut out shapes.

After using this room for almost a year and throughout the seasons, there are a few changes that I'd like to make. Our coffee table isn't working for us, it's too heavy and far away to be useful so I want to switch that for a more flexible option. I'd like to add a few more pictures and maybe give the cushions a shake up - its good to come back to a room every few months as I find I can see it with fresh eyes.

If you haven't already been on the at {mine} site then make sure you do, it features so many beautiful real homes that have given me loads of ideas to add to my house, I spend hours scrolling through the gorgeous images. All the featured bloggers posts will be on the site this Friday so make sure you take a look if you need some ideas I just know they're going to be amazing. 

This month, more than ever I really hope you take part in Styling The Seasons, there is such a fabulous community full of inspiring, supportive and creative people to join in with. I can't wait to meet some of you lovely people in person on the 29th so make sure you get your images uploaded by 15th April. 

6 comments:

  1. I'd easily steal your coffee table if you don't want it! ;) lol

    can't wait to join in with the Styling Seasons (at)mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the shimmering silvers with the flowers, so excited to be a part of styling the seasons each month, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, so light and airy! Perfect to welcome in spring. I love the paper cut bunting... it's now on my To Make list! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything bout this but especially the metal cages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The competition looks great, I have just managed to post my new office make over ! Such a hard time of DIY and taking pictures for the post (tiny room), but great place now for blogging ! Enjoy your sunny week,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    Great to see another fan of flowers.
    Have you seen Vela Boutique? Our customers receive a single perfectly seasonal bouquet of luxury flowers through the letterbox each month.

    There’s 15% off at http://www.vela.boutique just for your readers – all they need to do is use code HelloVela at check out.

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover