Lately...

Monday, 27 April 2015

I feel like I need to apologise for the lack of DIY's since the beginning of March, everything has been such a whirlwind I haven't had a chance to sit at my making table and actually create. That's not to say I have been resting on my laurels, far from it! Trying to manage a full-time (non blog related) job, home renovations, plus blogging and doing general life things keeps me more than busy. When people say they don't have time to be creative I never really believe them, there is always five minutes spare that can be used creatively - even putting a few flowers in a vase is a creative process if you let it.
I thought I'd share a couple of little creative bits that I have been up to recently, that don't require loads of time. 

A cheat's birthday cake - Making a birthday cake for my mum was a last minute thing, instead I bought a pudding from Cook and decorated with fresh fruit, it took me five minutes and looked really fancy!

Modern Calligraphy Practice - Taking a Quill, Modern Calligraphy Workshop has been one of my best things I've done this year but lack of practice time has left me a little frustrated. Another DIY for my mum's birthday, I hand lettered the details of the trip we booked for her. It's definitely not at a professional standard but meant I got some practice in. 
Gardening - Sorting our garden has become an obsession for Dan and I, our greenhouse and soon to be vegetable patches are looking pretty amazing. Every night when I get home, I do a lap of the garden to see what's growing and loving tend to my seedlings. I always thought growing plants and flowers was such a arduous task - it's so rewarding and teaches even the most impatient of us (me) to slow down and let nature do it's thing. 

I guess there's one big DIY that's going on behind the scenes...I'm having a baby! I'm rather superstitious about putting too much on the internet in case something happens. I promise it won't turn too baby-fied on here but I'm looking forward to maternity leave and discovering new crafty avenues!

If you do miss my posts, then I can usually be found taking flowers on Instagram (@Lottsandlots) this week is going to be particularly pretty as we have our Styling The Seasons workshop happening on Wednesday - I'm so excited!!!   

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you snuck that one in at the end?! Many congratulations! Really wonderful news. I've had all the children that I'm going to have so I love hearing about others instead. If you can get past the initial sleep deprivation, you'll be amazed at all the crazy, creative ideas that come to you in the middle of the night when you're up feeding the little one. You need to start buying notebooks to leave in every room so you can jot them down before you inevitably forget them when you rush off to watch the baby gurgle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on HANG ON! Amazing news there!! Just been catching up on your blog... and this makes me very happy to hear. I hope you are feeling ok and fingers crossed it all goes ok! A x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover