Styling The Seasons - February

Monday, 2 February 2015

Welcome to February's Styling The Seasons! February can be such a grotty month but not around these parts Katy and I have joined forces with Laura Ashley and some of our regular Styling The Seasons bloggers to share our favourite pieces from their new Spring/Summer collection and how we style them at home. I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with. There is a fab competition running the the Laura Ashley Blog which you can join in too. On the 10th and 11th Feb all our Styling The Seasons posts will be gathered, all you need to do is vote for your favourite to be in with a chance of winning a £50 voucher - amazing! 
So onto my Styling The Seasons for the month. February for me is all about celebrating, it's my birthday at the end of the month, I have a big trip to India planned and daffodils and tulips are making an appearance once again which means spring is nearly here - woo hoo! I decided to use this month to start the process of jazzing up my bedroom, I made and hung this driftwood shelf and had a lot of fun adding pretty spring things to it. On the theme of celebrate I chose this Star LED Light , the light I had perched on top of the chest of draws didn't really work so replaced it with this fab star. I have long been a fab of marque lights and this one is perfect as its battery operated to I can move it around plus it gives a lovely glow to a forgotten corner of the room. I think it would work so well as decor for a wedding, party or Christmas, I'm really tempted to buy another one! 
I was looking for something to go on the wall, I haven't found a print or painting I love so decided to make a framed flower wreath. I really love the idea of have a wreath for the seasons, I used the leaves from Orchid Apple Green Floral Wallpaper and made crepe paper flowers in peach, pink and yellow to go with. I then painted a box frame from The Range with Farrow and Ball Pavilion Grey to tie everything together. I really love the mix of the printed leaves and soft flowers. 
I had to add some fresh flowers, I have been treating myself to a new bunch on a weekly basis since the tulips and daffodils arrived at the greengrocer. Whilst its a luxury, I limit myself to £2.50 a bunch, having fresh flowers around the house makes me so happy. Here I have filled little vases and pots with a few blooms. 
I briefly mentioned my shelf but I am so proud of it, it took me about an hour to make and hang (tutorial coming soon). This last few weeks I have been making a real effort to try new make ideas, this shelf is one new project as are the flowers. I have had the book Paper to Petal in my library but never given myself the time to sit and make. These flowers took about two evenings, one to practice and one to finish. Whilst we still have a month or so of dark evenings ahead, I really want to give you all a push to try something new, whether that be picking up a crochet hook, painting a picture or trying your hand at wood work. There is nothing better than finding a new skill which is definitely something to celebrate! 
To join in Styling The Seasons all you need to do is upload a photo to your blog, instagram or twitter with the hashtag #stylingtheseasons of a styled surface in your home reflecting what the month means to you. Don't forget to tag Katy and myself so we can see your lovely entries. 

Thanks to Laura Ashley for your support this month, don't forget to check the Laura Ashley Blog on 10th and 11th to all the posts (and, erm, vote for me!) 

15 comments:

  1. I actually looked in the kid's lighting section but I didn't see that awesome star light! Love the way you used the wallpaper :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It was the first thing that caught my eye and I kept going back to it when I was trying to choose.

      Delete
  2. This is just springtime perfection! I love the way you've used the wallpaper. So, so clever x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks, I was trying to find a new use for wallpaper as hanging is my worst home job :-) !

      Delete
  3. This flower wreath is SO clever. I'm in love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, making flowers is really fun I recommend it!

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful look! I love the little star :)
    www.clashingtime.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pippa - I wasn't sure how it was going to look but glad it all worked out. x

      Delete
  5. I am a February birthday too. Happy birthday for later in the month :) Love your paper flowers, so clever, and at first glance I thought they were real. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday for Feb! So glad you like the flowers, its fun to try a new skill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shelf is brilliant! I once had some great driftwood shelves, but lost them to an old boyfriend…
    You've inspired me to go driftwood hunting again though. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again I absolutely love your styling, so very pretty. I thought the paper flowers were real too! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way the rustic shelf contrasts with the spring flowers! Also, I've never tried cutting spring flowers short like that. I always put them in tall vases. They look so cute short, I'll definitely try this next spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! And, you know I love that shelf :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the creativity behind that wall art!. So clever and pretty. And....how did i miss that start light!?! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover