Travel - Amsterdam

Tuesday, 9 December 2014

A break from Christmas crafting today, to share a few snaps of my weekend adventures. Dan and I had a sneaky trip to Amsterdam, it was so good to get away and actually see each other for more than three seconds. We wandered, looked up at all the beautiful buildings and made quite a few stop offs for apple cake - it was perfect. 

I didn't take a huge amount of photo's but there was plenty of inspiration to be had - I have returned with scribbles of projects for next year and so many little touches to add to my home. I love it when a trip makes you feel refreshed, energised and ready to go! 


Here are a few of my recommendations if you're heading to Amsterdam soon.

Stay 
We rented this Air B'n'B apartment. It was really central and in such a lovely area - there are fab places to eat, drink and shop close by

Eat
Make sure go stop at Winkle for a slice of apple cake - it was the highlight of the trip.

Shop
For beads, Beadies (full post coming soon)
For beautiful basics, Anecdote,
For Vintage, Laura Dols
For random Mexican things. Kitsch Kitchen

Do
Anne Frank Museum, it's such a moving place and so import to our recent history

Happy travels! x 

3 comments:

  1. We are heading to Amsterdam for a few days over new year, will defo try Winkle and their apple cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Amsterdam last month with my husband and a couple of friends and we had such a great time just wandering around. It's such a pretty city and I didn't realise there were quite so many bikes! My pics are here if you'd like to have a look! http://www.beakupcrafts.co.uk/2014/11/21/day-in-amsterdam/
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover