Styling the Seasons - December

Monday, 1 December 2014

I can't believe we're in December and this is the fourth Styling The Seasons month. Time has gone so fast.  

This Christmas feels extra special, it's our first Christmas in the house. I remember last December vividly; the rain pouring through the ceilings, random radiators leaking into light fittings and an extremely dodgy fire-escape removal. Its been an exciting and at times daunting year, so for this festive season I really want to enjoy and celebrate all the good things I have around me. 
I won't be putting the tree up for another few weeks but I wanted to create a nod to Christmas in my dining room. I gathered branches and sea glass from my local beach and added pine cones I collected in Mallorca  to create a wispy tree and then made the rest of the decorations. 

I love to make decorations at Christmas and have done so for most of my life. This year I have incorporated lots of Liberty Print fabric kindly supplied by Liberty at our Crafting the Seasons event with other materials I had in my supply cupboard - gold leaf, air dry clay, string. As the dining room houses my collections of stuff gathered on holiday I wanted to created a travelled, whimsical style with my decorations. 

I made the tassels, tree and baubles over the last few weekends and will be sharing the tutorials over the  next couple of weeks. The tree and baubles are really simple to make and are an ideal project when you are cuddled under a blanket watching Strictly or in my case at my craft table surrounded by fairy lights listening to Christmas Boney M songs! The tassels weren't so simple and were definitely a labour of love but to me they were so worth it. The last DIY I have incorporated is my gold leaf jar. I have seen a few tutorials on this but it is so simple, I added some string around the top with a hot glue gun as I didn't want to see the top part. 
In a nutshell December for me is all about creating and celebrating, I can't wait to get the rest of the house decorated over the month. I also can't wait to see your Styling The Seasons for the month. It is open to anyone who wants to join in all you need to do is share and tag your pictures with #StylingTheSeasons so that Katy and I can see them. Have a wonderful month everyone. xx

6 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty! Love all your makes...happy December xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the little tassels! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your post this month, and your makes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I love the mixture of colours in the print compared to the natural wood. Have a lovely December.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover