DIY - colourful star garland

Monday, 29 December 2014

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Here is my last tutorial for 2014, a fab easy sew star garland and mini heart garland. I started this in October and finished it three days before Christmas - I promise that it doesn't take two months to put together. If like me you're enjoying the after Christmas lull but looking for a project to add a little pizazz to your New Year's celebrations then this is just the one for you, its ideal to make in front of the telly/fire and takes minutes to assemble. 
These stars started life as off cuts from another project I was working on, I was cutting up fabric from a fabric swatch book and was left with paper backed fabric. Never one to waste pretty off-cuts I cut all excess strips into star and heart shapes and then stitched them together on the sewing machine.
I realise that you might not have a stack of fabric swatch books knocking around so instead I would recommend sticking colourful pieces of fabric to either thick paper or use some of these printer labels. If you don't have a sewing machine handy either then I recommend sticking your shapes to a fine piece of twine or cotton with clear tape. 

To finish I hung in my dining room over my beloved Christmas stick and mixed in star shaped fairy lights (mine were from Homebase) and honeycomb decorations (I used a mix from Hema and Wilkinson). I have to say I'm really happy with how these turned out, not only did they cost me nothing they can also be used all year round, fabulous! Until 2015 happy making! x 

1 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I love that it's Christmassy and yet bright and colorful. :) Your photos of this creation are wonderful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover