Book Review - Bead & Wire Fashion Jewelry by Jessica Rose

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

One of the highlights of the year has been working with Jessica from the London Jewellery School on her online venture Jewelry From Home. She's such an inspiring and talented lady and so lovely with it.  When I found out she had written a book I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy and I haven't been disappointed...
The first section is full of techniques that will teach even the newest jewellery maker how to do the basics as well as giving the more accomplished maker new ideas a techniques to try. I really want to try these clasps out. The instructions are clear, very easy to follow and accompanied by photo's so you can really see what to do.

The rest of the book is full of wonderful colourful projects using a mix of wire and beaded techniques. From statement necklaces to feathered earrings as well as gorgeous cocktail rings and beachy bangles, its so jam packed with good stuff, you'll want to start making immediately! I really love the wire projects - especially the statement rings and bracelets.

When I first got into jewellery making I read so many books, of course blogging has my heart but still nothing beats sitting down with a cup of tea and having something tangable to read and be encouraged and energised by. If you're looking for a last minute gift for a maker (or yourself) then I'd definitely recommend this book its a perfect mix of techniques and fun projects.

The book is available to buy here .

Disclosure - this book with given to me by the publishers to review, all thoughts and opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover