jewel haul no.1

Friday, 21 November 2014

One of my guilty pleasures is looking at beauty bloggers on You Tube, I spent three hours one evening trying to learn how to contour my face! Whilst I never mastered the art of giving myself cheekbones it did give me an idea of for a new post - the jewel haul. Every so often I'll give you all a run done down of what I have been stocking up on and running out of. Here are the past two months treasures.

Stocking up on...
Copper wire (20ga) - I bought this copper wire for a ring tutorial I wrote for Jewelery from home. I have't used cooper wire before but I like it!

Vintage chain - I try and go to local charity shops every few months to find interesting bits and pieces. These chains immediately caught my eye. 

Plastic flower - another charity shop find, it needs a bit of TLC but I am confident I can rescue it.

Beads - whenever I go to a new village/town/city I'm on the look out for a bead shop. These beads are from Bijoux Beads in Bath. I have been before but not for a long time and was really impressed by the usual selection and great prices. I can wait to work these into a new piece and if you're in Bath make sure you pay them a visit.

Lace - The flowers were from the charity shop and the turquoise edged was a shop in Sherbourne, Dorset, I'm planning on using it to fix some curtains which are too short. 

Ring mandrel - I don't really make many rings as I think they should be made by a jeweller but it's a handy tool to have in the tool kit and it has given me a new idea for a simple ring tutorial I'll be sharing soon.

Running out of...
Bolt rings - I normally buy mine by the 200 but was short and needed them for a class. I went for these 6mm bolt rings from Beadworks in gold and silver and have to say the quality is lovely even though they are more expensive than I normally buy.

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover