Styling The Seasons - September

Monday, 1 September 2014

Hello September and hello to the official start of Styling the Seasons. As a summer person my inspiration for the month is holding onto the last light filled days of the season. I love summer and instead of feeling sad that the last sunny days are ebbing away I'm going to celebrate and make the most  of these glorious sunny days, when the light is golden and there are still roses blooming in my garden. 

So onto this months Styling The Seasons; I had friends over a few weeks ago and decided on an "End of Summer"  theme for the table. It's the first time our dining table has been used for more than two of us and actually the first time we've had space to have people round for dinner so it was a pretty big deal! I made a jazzy tie-dye table cloth (tutorial coming soon), filled jars with sun-flowers, dahlias and oranges roses to hint at autumn days ahead. I went crazy for candles - using a mix of storm lanterns, tea-lights and candle sticks. It provided a perfectly cosy atmosphere and distracted from the lack of proper lighting in this room!
 
I've gone big this month but you don't have to if you want to play along. You can style any surface from window sill to a dining table, bedside table to desk and share what the month means to you, Katy and I can't wait to see. If you want to see more inspiration then hop over the the wonderful Apartment Apothecary and see Katy's Styling The Seasons, its gorgeous. 

Make sure you use the hashtag #StylingTheSeasons on any of your favourite social media channels so we can see all the good stuff you've been doing. Have a super month everyone! x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful table, and your house looks absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siobhan - all the doors that need hanging were stashed away!

      Delete
  2. Oh I LOVE all of this! But especially that turquoise dresser x

    ReplyDelete
  3. like always, full of colours ! You don't mention what you cooked for your dinner party ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Colour makes me happy! I outsourced the food - the boys did a bbq, my mum made some brownies and I bought local ice for pudding!

      Delete
  4. Love this, so pretty and summery. Very intrigued about the fabric in the background, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, the fabric in the back is a piano shawl I found in the charity shop.

      Delete
  5. Wow, colours galore and summery theme, just as I settle into autumn mood. Beautiful.

    Congratulations on the new series.... was fun to join in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in. I always want to keep summer around for as long as I possibly can.

      Delete
  6. Lovely bright colours and table setting, the whole room looks so happy!
    ps. I love the tie dye table cloth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really happy room, the more time I spend in there the more I love it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover