Floral Friday - Fuzzy Flowers

Friday, 18 April 2014

A leisurely Floral Friday post this week. I went to the most amazing talk at the Garden Museum on Wednesday on the relationship of Fashion and Flowers (two of my favourite things). The speakers -  Alistar O'Neill, Sam McKnight, Tim Walker and Amanda Harlech we incredible, not only did they speak so eloquently but their love of all things floral was so evident in what they do, which probably explains why I have so many tear sheets of their work. What resonated to me the most was the beauty they find in the perfections/imperfections of flowers, since my garden has started blooming I have been filling vases with garden flowers and whilst they're not blogger standard peony's or ranunculus (which I  do love too) they are my absolute favourites. I love seeing how they change through out the week, this sad looking rose has opened with the most beautiful pillowy petals. There have been a few instances lately when the idea of bland perfection has left me a little uneasy, this talk reassured me that I'm not crazy to love the undone and slightly imperfect and in fact quite sane. I hope you enjoy my fuzzy flowers, scroll through really fast and you'll get the most amazing colours! Enjoy the bank holiday xxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover