DIY - watercolour flower cards

Thursday, 10 April 2014

Sometimes the best DIY's are the simplest and just use what you have to hand. I made these cards for Mothers Day (one for my mum and one for my mother-in-law) and I think they might be a favourite. Because I wasn't intending them to be a DIY I haven't taken photo's of the steps but they are really simple and they have given me a pang of nostalgia from when I used to experiment with painting and sewing all the time. I really miss having time and space to play around with ideas as soon as the summer comes and I'm less frantic I can't wait to take my sewing machine out in the card and play around with new ideas. I have put a few steps below... 

You'll need - watercolour paper and paints and either a sewing machine or a needle and thread. 
Step 1. Draw your picture, I went for simple flowers 
Step 2. Colour the picture with watercolours and leave to dry
Step 3. Stitch over your picture in a coloured thread (loosely the same colour as your flowers) 
Step 4.  Cut out and stick to a plain card - write and give. 
 I added on a spare bit of silk fabric to make the bouquet look a bit 3D.  This just shows you don't need anything fancy to make something really special - I think Easter Eggs would look quite sweet. Happy Making! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover