Inspiration - shift dress

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

More and more I find myself wanting to sew, not for a blog post necessarily but for fun. Lately, I've been thinking about shift dress patterns; I pinned a few, did some research and came across this great Merchant & Mills shift dress pattern and then a few weeks ago I was out for drinks with my friends and we all had some variant of a shift dress on. The hardest part of dress making is always finding stylish fabrics I think either of these Liberty Fabrics would work  - how amazing (& perfect) is that jewel print? I might do a few tests first before I splash out but we all know I'll be buying some very soon! Another thing I love about a simple shift is the ability to add different design details quite easily like using contrast fabrics or adding big puff sleeves without adding too much time onto the overall making process. What do you think, are you feeling a shift? 

PS - Take a look at this really fab 90 minute shift dress tutorial from Simple Simon and Company. I would do it in jersey rather than a woven fabric as there are no bust darts. 

1 comments:

  1. I was in between sizes on the chart and I ordered this size, but I am exchanging it for a size smaller. I would still say the dress is true to size- it was my error to order the next size up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover