Inspiration - Weaving

Monday, 6 January 2014

Let's kick off the first proper working week of the year with some lovely stuff. I pinned these gorgeous pieces of weaving just before Christmas, they got me all fired up and if I haven't been hidden under 3 layers of blankets I would have fashioned myself a loom and got going! When I was on my BTec fashion course I used to spend hours weaving pieces for my sketch books, I would weave in anything I could and then embroider or print or embroider and print over the top. One thing I would like to try and do this year is have a play around with more textile-y things. I'm thinking I might even look into courses, I always get a pang of regret that I never pursued a textile route as fabric and creating fabric is one of my major loves - maybe this is the year to do something about it? If you have any (short) course recommendations, let me know I'd be really interested in hearing about them.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover