A beginners guide to selling on Etsy

Monday, 27 January 2014

I feel like I have finally caught up with myself today, I spent the morning plotting and planning what I want to do with the blog for the year - drawing up DIY posts, writing wish lists and even thought about sorting my expanding craft supply area/s. 

One thing that made its way onto the "must do list" is setting up an Etsy shop, I have toyed with the idea for years but 2014 is the year that it is going to happen. The thing that has always stopped me is the fact the process looks a bit daunting. I was rather happy when the lovely Rosie from The New Craft Society got in touch with an easy guide to selling on Etsy. It's seems quite simple and the quizzy flow chart has tricked my mind into thinking that it is a game! Here's Rosie to give us all some more details. 

I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how fantastic Etsy is for buying unique and original products. If you’ve spent any time on the internet (or more importantly, on craft blogs) you’ll have spotted Etsy products everywhere. It’s a fact - Etsy is a great place to be a buyer.

So why then are so many people scared of becoming an Etsy seller? The world of online selling can be hugely daunting and H and I are the biggest culprits for just burying our heads in the sand and pretending that we don’t actually want an online shop. But we’d love to be able to make money from our products and reach a huge, worldwide audience and for that - we need an Etsy shop. 

The first step to setting up a shop is finding great advice and this Etsy guide for beginners that we helped to develop is full of useful tips. From marketing to pricing and customer service it’s got everything covered to ensure you’ll be set up and making sales in no time. So, what are you waiting for?!
Thanks so much for this Rosie, I now have no excuses left! If you want the full online guide click here and make sure you check out The New Craft Society, its one of my faves.

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte this is a great idea. Your jewellery is really unique, bright and fresh! I would be your first customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks! It WILL happen sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover