Floral Friday - Christmasy

Friday, 13 December 2013

I'm doing all I can this festive season to embrace Christmas, last weekend the tree went up and had a bake off with myself. My lounge is like a grotto and the smell of cinnamon made my whole flat smell amazing. I'm keeping everything as simple as possible this year, I'm not spending too much on extra decorations or wrapping I am just using what I have available - foliage and existing decorations. I have to say its so much more enjoyable and less stressful. Here are a few snippets of what I have been doing...

Above - Dan always likes to have a advent calendar so I wrapped up chocolates and bought us a couple £1 presents each from Tiger to open along the way. I ended up using my Christmas stick for the fireplace so put everything in a bowl filled with clementines, the colours look so good together. 
 I love colour and sparkle at Christmas so mixed fairy lights with a few glass decorations and ivy along my fireplace. 
 Along the mantle I filled a few jars with winter foliage and mixed in Russian dolls and colourful tealights.
 I haven't made any new decorations this year, I have been using last years clay stars mixed in with my favourite Christmas camels and peach bells.
 These ribbon bits are for Christmas cards (tutorial coming next week) and maybe for some wrapping ribbon too. I have used the same colours as my stockings.
I haven't baked proper cakes for months so made gingerbread cakes to take to a friends at the weekend. I also made Nigella's cranberry mincemeat ready for mincepies and also made this delicious spiced apple juice from Hugo and Elsa (such a gorgeous blog). Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover