Sweetheart Necklace Workshop - October

Monday, 21 October 2013

Last Saturday six lovely ladies and my friend Caroline joined me at my very first jewellery making workshop - I taught the group wire work and simple jewellery making techniques. I was so so nervous but once I got going it was such a pleasure to teach and share my knowledge and passion for making. 

I warmed everyone up by making large wire hearts, I provided examples, plenty of ribbon, tape and fun stuff to decorate with.  I really loved seeing how everyone's hearts took shape - I helped out with any making questions and gave impromptu demo's of my favourite ways to use double-sided tape, ribbon and cord. 

I brought loads of examples of how to take techniques and idea's further and made everyone little notebooks (I will do a tutorial soon) so they could jot down ideas as they went. 
Once I was satisfied everyone had mastered the technique of making hearts I gave another demo showing how to make the sweetheart necklace version. The group settled down into happy chatter and started making away it was brilliant to see all the creations come alive. 

I'm so pleased with how the first class went, everyone learnt something new and had fun which was my main aim. I love sharing my tutorials on-line but its even better sharing them in person. I'm going to be working on some new class ideas for next year so let me know if there is anything you would like to learn and I will incorporate. The first class I'm thinking of is a bumper bracelet day (well, half day) three hours, three techniques and three different bracelets - what do you think? 

If you can't wait until next year take a look at these classes I'm running for November. 

Also a big thanks to Claire for attending and also letting me use your lovely pictures. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! those hearts jewelry look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun I want to teach everyday!

    The hearts were a great success, perfect for all levels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover