A chat with...Lucy Love This

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

The first person I have guest posting is Lucy from the fabulous Lucy Loves This. We met a few weeks ago at a Crafty Fox Talk and I just loved Lucy's story of how she turned her passion into a full time job (with staff!) Inspired by London, which we all know is the best city, she creates awesome screen prints based on the many different areas of the capital. She kindly answered a couple of questions for me, over to you Lucy...

How did your business get started?
I quit my day job as a book cover designer to go freelance nearly 3 years ago, and about a year in started designing things in my spare time that I liked - I had been so used to designing thing to brief for so many years it was brilliant to have some time to do something creative just for me again. So I set up an Etsy shop - just for a bit of fun, not really expecting it to go anywhere or sell anything, but it just sort of took off.

Any advice for people setting up on their own?
Go slow, and at your own speed, you'll be constantly be being told to get bigger by everybody around you but you've got to do what you feel comfortable with. Also don't take things too personally, for every person that loves what you do there'll be one who hates it - but that doesn't mean it's bad - it's just not to their taste.

Where are your favourite places for gathering inspiration?
Pintrest! I love it, although I have to ration myself as I lose so many hours drooling over it. - Ha! Me too. 

Most importantly, where can we buy your lovely stuff?
I have various London stockists, but the best place is through my lovely online shop www.lucylovesthis.co.uk where you can peruse over a nice cuppa!

Thanks so much Lucy, it's been a real treat to have you here, I especially love your advice about going at your own speed, this is definitely something I need to work on. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover