Inspiration - from Pinterest to real life

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Being Elena's guest pinner got me thinking about how I use Pinterest for gathering ideas. For the next few posts I want to show you how you can take an idea from Pinterest into real life. 

I use Pinterest on a daily basis, I find it soothing and inspiring in equal measure. I try to mix up my sources sometimes I pin for an actual need (usually home stuff), other times its because I find a colour palette particularly inspiring and finally because I want to remind myself of a good idea to use it as a base for another project. 

The projects I am going to share are a mix of the latter. Throughout the summer I have totally fallen in love with little pouch bags, I use my selection at the weekend when I want to travel light. I have pinned many versions and have had on my make list for a few months. I have also fallen in love with whimsical hand drawn prints, in a "tah-dah" moment I knew I had to make something to combine the two. 

For the next two projects I am going to show you how to make your own hand-drawn fabric and easy sew fabric pouch. Neither are an original idea but I really want you to get the idea of how you take an idea from the screen into real life whilst adding your own personal spin. 

You can follow me on Pinterest here and see the Live, Create, Inspire Board here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover