DIY - leather hairclips

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Following on from last weeks leather and stud necklace, here are some very easy leather hairclips. I have been obsessed with hair accessories ever since I was little, oh how I used to throw a massive strop when my mum put the wrong hairbands in. I have grown up since then but am still not sure on the rules of hair accessories on the over thirties. I like these, they are simple but still manage to spruce up a dull hair day without looking like a five year old. Here are all the steps.
 You'll need; Leather or pleather, snap hairclips ( you can find these in any Superdrug or Boots) and strong glue.
Step 1. Cut strips of leather a few millimeters wider than your hair clips. 
Step 2. Cut the strips 5mm longer than the length of your clips.
Step 3. Apply a line of glue around the front of the clip and then apply your leather strips
Step 4. Leave to dry
 See I told you it was easy, I found my leather on Ebay (search gold leather off cuts). Happy making! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover