Floral Friday - Colours of Columbia Road

Friday, 10 May 2013

I think Columbia Road has to be one of my favourite places in London, I know it can be a but try hard at times but there is just so much to see and do, I love it, plus there are flowers. I visited a few weeks ago with the the lovely Helena for a camera lesson. Learning to take photo's on manual is one of my aims for the year, its frustrating learning something new as I'm not the most patient of people but I saw improvements in just one lesson - getting an image in focus was a huge step. 

When I downloaded my photo's I noticed two distinct themes; bright and colourful and soft and delicate. I have been having a little play with palettes pulling out the gorgeous pinks and oranges of the market itself and surrounding places to eat and then the soft grey's and mauves found in windows (I'd like to move straight into the shop below). 
The variety of Columbia Road is what keeps me going back,  the colours change with each visit and I always notice something new around a different corner. Change is good but sometimes looking at a favourite place with new eyes (in this case through the lens of my camera) can be just as inspiring. Have a super weekend. xx

You can get in touch with Helena here if you want a photography lesson - she is very good. 

4 comments:

  1. You're right, the colours are just beautiful! Your pictures are gorgeous though, and have made me want to get a proper camera and have some photography lessons! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Alice! You should, I use mine so much you won't regret it. x

      Delete
  2. Great photos. So satisfying when you finally move off auto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, It is satisfying! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover