My DIY Life - Easter

Tuesday, 2 April 2013

When it comes to seasonal celebrations, I leave all my best ideas until the very last minute which means I have to post after the event has been and gone (see Christmas). I will try and get better but as I blog around a full-time job, having friends and family to see, its not always possible to be that organised. Today, I'm sharing my makes from the Easter weekend, you can substitute the eggs for gift boxes and these little gifts and wrapping work all year round. 

Starting from the very top, I used gift bags, string and tape from Pipii. The yellow chevron bags are from The Greenwich Letterpress (in New York), feathers from my local Factory Shop and made the tags from card in my stash using this punch. The colours of these feathers were so bright, they clashed perfectly with the egg gift boxes. I made the feather bits by wrapping three different colour feathers with wire and threading onto the string when I tied the bow. 

We're a family of rabbit lovers so I made these little wire bunnies for my mum and sisters, they are so cute and look perfect added onto a necklace. 

I filled easter egg boxes with a selection of goddies; being a family of girls knickers are never far from conversation so I bought each a pair of lace pretties from Topshop, then added these neon glasses filled with chocolates and the little wire bunnies. I will be rounding up the egg boxes to use next year and the year after! 

Finally it isn't a long weekend without a bit of baking, I made these really easy Madeleines which I am now including in my fancy baking repertoire.

I hope you had a lovely long weekend x 

4 comments:

  1. Wahey, is the first one for me?! ;)
    This is lovely- I think I like wrapping and decorating presents more than anything else when I give gifts! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it should be!
      I LOVE wrapping its the best bit.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for wire bunnies! Such a creative bunch of DIYs. Clever lady!

    x Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena - I love the wire bunnies I have mine sitting next to the wire name you made. :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover