February

Friday, 1 February 2013

Despite being fairly quiet, January whizzed by and before I knew it February had arrived. February is a big month for me I turn thirty (eek!) which I am actually quite happy about - party planning is well under way for a little gathering at the end of the month. Aside from birthdays its also the month of pancakes (know any good recipes?) and love. If I'm honest I'm not a lover of Valentines Day it think its designed to make us feel bad whatever romantic situation we're in. As girls what I really feel we should be doing this month is being a bit kinder to ourselves and each other; stop comparing, give a few more compliments and not worry about being perfect, imperfections are so much more fun. If you do insist on sending Valentines I have prepared a few sweet ideas that are much better for sending to your best girls than any boy, they never appreciate them anyway! Have a super weekend xx

6 comments:

  1. Ah you turn 30 this month! Excellent, then I won't feel quite so old! And I completely agree - valentines day is not my thing, all the couples in restaurants make me cringe! But I think you're right and that we should be nicer to ourselves - definitely up for that! Love the images you chose too they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, I used to think 30 was so old but I still feel about 18! Thanks for all your other comments, it means so much coming from such a talented lady. x

      Delete
  2. I completely agree, valentines is always a let down. Even if your in a relationship average guys can't complete with what we see if rom coms lol. Much better idea to send gifts and compliments to your girls

    Lauren
    www.livinginaboxx.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't win either way on Valentines day - sending gifts to your girls is the way forward. Good luck with your new blog x

      Delete
  3. Valentine's is all about sisters and friends to me! I like sending little presents/cards as a surprise. It's way better than trying to make it romantic.
    Also? 30!! Hooray! Excited to see your party photos. Bet you've got fun plans. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, its much better than trying to be romantic.
      Yep 30 it is! I will definitely share the photos just DIYing it at the mo. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover