DIY - Pretty party drinks

Thursday, 28 February 2013

No party is complete without a good drink so I prepared two simple cocktail ideas that went down a treat. This rose sryup is lovely, I thought it might be too sweet but it was just right to start the proceedings. I mixed mine with Vodka but Gin would work just as well, for non drinkers - just leave out the spirits.
 I garnished with sugared rose petals I made using this recipe. I think the recipe worked out better than mine I was a bit slap dash in my preparation but everyone got the idea and they did look very pretty.
 I was on a bit of a roll with flavoured syrups so made a fresh raspberry and ginger version. I thought it would be really hard to make but it was so simple; Mix one cup of granulated sugar, one cup of water, a cup and a half of raspberries (mine were frozen) and some ginger to taste (I used about three pinches of pre-cut from a jar). Boil in a pan for about 8 mins on a high heat until the raspberries break down, simmer gently for another 5 mins. Strain and leave to cool. Serve over lots of ice with soda (add Vodka or Gin if required). 

3 comments:

  1. Both of these look delicious! Will be trying that ginger and raspberry ASAP!

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a nice and useful information for us...i appreciate urs word........soda machine dealer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I bet they tasted great, wouldn't mind one of them right about now! I love the sugared rose petals too, look so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover