DIY - Simple Beaded Bracelet

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Following on from last weeks Tassel Earrings here is a really simple beaded bracelet tutorial using a broken earring. This is a super DIY for not only using up old beads left from past projects but also for making the most of broken jewellery. People often ask me where I get my materials from, its a hard one to answer because being a magpie I just collect things as I go about my daily business. These earrings were from Accessorize, during sale time they sell their broken pieces for about a £1 which is how I happened to come across these. If you are planning to get crafty this year I highly recommend sale racks as a rich hunting ground for new treasures. Here are the steps...
You'll need:
A broken earring  - if adapting an earring for this project you'll need to find one which has a hole at either end to thread your beading elastic through. 
A selection of beads
Step 1. Remove any excess chain (make sure you keep for future projects)
Step 2. Cut a length of elastic, approx 20cm long (always go longer than you need). Thread through one end of your "earring" and knot several times, I always add a dab of glue to be secure
Step 3. Thread your beads, measuring the length against your wrist as you go. 
Step 4. Thread the elastic through the other end of your "earring" and knot tightly, as per step 2. and cut off any extra elastic.
This is a really simple DIY that will have you creating new treasures in no time at all. I'm going to layer this up with some of my other favourite bracelets I have in my collection. Happy making!

2 comments:

  1. I must say that this post is the most relevant article I’ve ever read and saw. It’s a great help to everyone who is looking for this information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that this post is the most relevant article I’ve ever read and saw. It’s a great help to everyone who is looking for this information.

    beaded bracelet
    http://shameonjane.com/Bracelets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover