DIY - Memory Necklace

Thursday, 24 January 2013

This post was actually inspired by yesterdays Charm Necklace; now if all that opening and closing of jump rings was too much then this post is even easier. For this you are threading all your favourite charms and trinkets onto one chain and thats it. What makes it special is you are using pieces that have a little bit of meaning to you. To be honest I had gone off these necklaces a long time ago all the versions that could be brought on the highstreet made my own seem so ordinary but things you love never really date and after being given a locket for Christmas I decided to create a new memory necklace using bits that are special to me. I have included; charms brought in India, a little swan that reminds me of summer, a vintage ring a brought as a graduation present, a prayer token from a New York flea market and a camel from Marrakech - whenever I look at any of these things I'm immediately taken back to good times and happy places - even if I am squashed on the tube at the time! I have been wearing mine layered up with some other special necklaces from my 'C' collection. I hope this shows you that making something handmade doesn't have to be complicated it just requires a little love and thought - Happy Making! x

6 comments:

  1. This inspires me to dig out all my old charms and transform them into a bunch of dainty necklaces! I love it!

    SponsoredByCoffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how happy that makes me :-) please send me a picture if you do. X

      Delete
  2. What a sweet idea :) inspiration alert x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just felt 'right' to make one of these again.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love charm necklaces and I think you are right it means so much more when you use special charms.
    Beautiful necklace.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does plus its really fun to have a day trip gathering charms! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover