DIY - Jewel Hairpins

Monday, 7 January 2013

As its the first week full week back to work I thought a little sparkle might be in order. This is my latest tutorial for Crafttuts+, originally I planned it as a Christmas gift idea but they would work as gifts  in any season. Last year blogging really sparked my passion for handmade living and in 2013 I plan to make as much as possible. When Christmas shopping I really noticed how expensive the little extras where to buy (MAC lipstick is now £14!) which means most of us on a fairly modest budget need to start looking else where to get our glitter fix. 

I recommend clearing yourself an afternoon and make a bulk set of these to gift through out the year. Once wrapped in pretty paper, tissue or gift bags no-one will know whether they have been shop brought or handmade yourself. I made these using black felt but I if I was to make again I would use different lighter colours. With these the best bit is you can collect the buttons from all over the place; haberdasheries, markets, charity shops, Ebay, etc and mix them all together to make something one off. If I was giving these as a gift I would mix them with some of these pearl clips, or make a few flowers to include in the package. 

Do you have any handmade resolutions for 2013? 

4 comments:

  1. I love the hair clips. I have a jar of vintage buttons that will be perfect for this! Like you said great for presents but maybe I'll keep a couple for myself too. Is that wrong?

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No its not wrong at all Nikki, if I'm honest I kept all of these for myself! X

      Delete
  2. You DIY'd those? They look fantastic! So cute and pretty. And I'm with Nikki - I might have to make and keep a few for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course you must make some for yourself, your friends can't be the only ones to benefit from your creativity ;-) !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover