Christmas Ideas

Monday, 3 December 2012

So I'm a little behind on Christmas, so far I have brought nothing and done nothing in preparation for the big day. Back in August I declared that I was going to hand make all my gifts - its not looking likely if I'm honest and have seriously been lying awake at night thinking who can go without a handmade treasure! But its fine over the next 22 days I'm going to post the busy girls guide to Christmas, for all of us who have big dreams of creating a handmade Christmas but lack the time. 

For starters I'm going to keep things as simple as possible, I brought a great stash of Danish magazines in Copenhagen and have fallen for their simple palettes and easy ideas that even the busiest of us can incorporate into this years festivities. If you are still looking for more ideas head over to Skin & Blister who is hosting #ShareAdvent which is full of fabulous festive activities.

Top Image - It helps to have a beautiful house, but we can all get some of this simplicity by clearing all our clutter and laying a simple table with seasonal foliage, beautiful flowers in gorgeous vases and a few natural decorations. 

Above - I love this palette of natural mauves, pinks and grey. Earthy ceramics with a few delicate pieces mixed in looks really modern, pretty glasses, natural linens with soft feathers make the table really special. 
I'm going to find a big stick at the weekend so I can re-create this over my fireplace, this is really easy to all you'll need is a stick and some decorations to make a really pretty display.

 I have never made an advent candle, it always reminds me of Blue Peter but I am tempted to make this one using a pre-made wreath with some of my favourite ribbons and trimmings added for good measure. 
I'm including this one as it makes me laugh - just add Christmas hats to all your existing figurines to take your existing displays into party season. If you have any other simple Christmas ideas I would love to know...

Image sources (from top) - Flowers/Feathers/Stick/Candle/Hats

1 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the handmade Christmas gift crunch too. It seemed like I had months and now I only have a few short weeks. Eeek!

    Lovely inspirations. I like the advent candle. Such lovely little details it has.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover