DIY - Embellished Collar Shirt

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

I've been trying to avoid shopping as much as possible but its hard to miss the millions of jewel and stud encrusted shirts out there. I had brought these studs, pearls and crystals for another project (which I have yet to complete) and they lent themselves perfectly embellishing a collar of an old shirt of mine . I have had this  hanging in the back of my wardrobe for ages and whilst it was looking past its best I didn't want to throw it away as it is a favourite. This little addition has given it a whole new lease of life - I have put all steps below.
Materials
A shirt (go to somewhere like Primark for a cheapy, if you don't already have one - I bet you do though!), 
Crystals, Studs and Pearls 
Needle and thread
Step 1 - Apply your pearls and then mirror on the opposite collar (its best to get these as accurate as possible first time)
Step 2 - Apply your studs, keep everything quite close for a heavily embellished look
Step 3 - Stitch on your crystals, I wanted mine to be quite crystal heavy so added more crystals than pearls or studs. Its totally up to you how many of each you add.

Thats its, its really easy and an ideal way to add a bit of life to an old favourite - happy making!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I am following you via bloglovin, so maybe you'd like to follow back...
    Lots of Love ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the follow, I wondered who was following me via bloglovin'!

      Delete
  2. This is epic! I can't wait to find a shirt to try this out on. Great balance between sparkles and class.

    Thanks for sharing this gem :)

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so easy and saves spending £40 on another top!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Erin - The mix means I can wear on all occasions!

      Delete
  4. I'll try to do that on an old shirt that needs a bit of revamping! Seemps easy and elegant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I hope you do, it doesn't take long.

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I love your blog too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover