Travel - The Philippines, Boracay

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

This is the final set of photo’s from our Honeymoon (you can see my other posts here and here). For the final leg of the trip we stayed on the beautiful Island of Boracay. We heard that Boracay was the party island so we made sure that we stayed a little out of the main centre at this really lovely hotel, as you can see the view was amazing (although we didn’t have access to that beach).  The main hub of Boracay activity is centered around White beach, it would have been so beautiful  before the tourists came, now it is full of shops and bars but in its own way it was quite endearing. Western tourists are still in a minority so I did loads of people watching,  there were some seriously stylish folks walking around and the glow of a tourist shop always keeps me happy. 


We managed to squeeze in two boats trips; the first snorkelling just off the coast, its mesmerising seeing all the fish going about their business but swimming in the open water freaks me out so I was happy to stick near the boat for most of it. The second trip we did was my favourite, our boat man from the first trip took us over to the island where he lives (I have no idea of its name) we swam and ate lunch with his family. Oh my! I have never in my life been in sea so warm and so idyllic as at this place, when you looked out onto the horizon all you could see was the beautiful ocean stretching in front of you – it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I’m not sure how long we spent there but I would have liked to have stayed for longer/forever! 

Another beach we went to was Puka beach, this again was pretty idyllic; white sand, rolling waves, very few tourists and some impressive stalls, as you can see I went a little crazy photographing them but they were in the perfect setting.  I love to see people making and selling so I got a bit excited and was trying to ask them questions which was interesting! It wasn’t all one-way I started making these on the beach and taught a few locals my techniques, I wonder if any new stalls have opened up?!

Looking back we packed in quite a lot during our trip (we were only away for 12 days in total) so we had to make the most of our opportunities to so the islands as possible. We had done most of our bus journey’s at night; on our final drive back to Kalibo airport we drove through lush fields , tiny villages (all with some great bunting going on) and kitsch but busy towns, it was all so perfect and unspoilt , I had to drink it all in before we got on our first of three planes home.  If you have done a bit of traveling   then I would definitely recommend The Philippines, it’s still a bit rough round the edges and at times it felt so far from home which once in a while is just what you need. 

You can see some more of my honeymoon inspired posts here and here.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing looking place! I'm pretty sure that staying there forever would have been not so bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would have been, the only down (or up depending on how you look at it) is the lack of internet not sure If I could cope without it ;-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover