DIY - Easy stud earrings

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Here is the worlds easiest DIY earring tutorial, you really can make these in the time it takes to boil a kettle and all you need is some earring backs, strong glue and some flat backed gem stones. If you are new to DIY or a bit intimidated then these are a great place to start and don't require any additional tools. If you mount them onto pretty card or put them into a nice box they would make a great gift and are easy on the purse. 
There are only two steps
1) Apply a dot of glue to the back of your gem, and leave to dry for a minute
2) Apply your earring back to the glue and leave to dry completely 
Here are some more examples of what you can use for your earrings; to start you will need some earring backs this site does a great selection in both gold and silver. I don't like to go too big with my studs so stick to shapes which are around 1.5cm in width. I have made earrings using these porcelain flowers, but you can use anything as long as it has a flat back like these gemstones or cabochons, I like the look of these ones but search places like Ebay and Etsy for cute vintage alternatives. A word of warning, I would avoid using buttons or anything too old-lady-craft-fair as my idea of hand-made should be stylish not stuffy but thats just my opinion so as long as you are making it doesn't really matter. 

8 comments:

  1. I think even I might be able to do that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I made these!

      Delete
  2. So easy! What will Accessorize do now? :)

    Thanks for the great idea and the reminder that jewellery doesn't have to be overly complicated. In fact, its better if its kept simple.

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elena - so true its best to keep things as simple as possible. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little roses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks I've had them for a few years, and always go back to them.

      Delete
  5. Nice and Excellent earrings. The blogs is also informative.
    Get more gorgeous Earrings from world's largest online shop pocket and pearls.


    ReplyDelete
  6. I found few of website but this website very unique and so many interesting information in here. See more...
    afrocentric earrings
    Explore our curated collection of Ethnic Earrings. Browse our Afrocentric, Natural Hair, Map of Africa and Nefertiti earrings. Tons of earrings at great prices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover