48 Hours in Singapore

Monday, 9 July 2012

 I finally got round to sorting my honeymoon photo's this weekend - it feels like such a long time ago. We spent two days in Singapore before heading on the the Philippines. It was a whirlwind trip and we managed to pack in quite a bit during our stay. I had never been before so was unsure of what to expect, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - I loved the mix of modern skyscrapers mixed in with colourful pockets of China Town and Little India - it felt like 10 cities in one. Here are some of my favourite snap shots. 

Above - Colourful streets with a back drop of grey skyscrapers
 Trinkets galore in China Town and a street sign with my new surname (it's still a novelty!)
Amazing coloured buildings in Little India - this coloured house was my favourite

I can't write a post on Singapore without mentioning the shopping, it is incredible! Good job I was exhausted because my credit card would have taken a serious battering, the malls alone make New York shopping look low key. Whilst the air-conditioned malls provided a much needed rest from the heat, I can never resist a street lined with stalls selling tat. In China Town I brought colourful chopsticks which were about a pound and in Little India I brought a gold Indian necklace that has proved pretty useful since I have been home. The best shopping street was Haji Lane, I didn't know anything about it until I got back and did a bit of research, its perfect if like me you can't resist small boutiques selling quirky one-off's. I only made it into a few shops as we had to get to the zoo. I found this site which has a good summary of the shops but I would recommend a visit to Green Poppies and The Salad Shop. I really wish I found this place, I think it would be my dream shop to own one day.

I'll post the photo's from The Philippines soon  they're the perfect antidote to the sporadic summer we're having. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I'd love to visit Singapore.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peacock looks amazing - was that on a house? Looks really interesting. Maybe one day I will get there and will definitely check out those shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle's!

    Singapore really so much better than expected I thought it was going to be all skyscrapers and a bit man made but it was really interesting.

    The peacock was on the side of a temple in Little India, I just loved the colour. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing photos! love this post!

    If you like it, follow my new up and coming blog on Bloglovin'. If you want, I can follow you back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover