DIY - Lace Vases & Colourful Tins

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Until the wedding I have never done a DIY on a large scale before, so I knew when attempting make the centre pieces I needed to keep it as simple and effective as possible. I have combined these two DIY's as they are so easy and look good on a large scale and you can use them anywhere not just for a wedding. 

Materials:
Large/small food tins  (remove labels and clean throughly) 
A selection of small vases ( I brought cheap drinking glasses) make sure they have a heavy base so they don't tip over
Thick lace (I tried using a fine lace but the pattern didn't show through)
Spray mount 
A selection of coloured spray paints

For the tins: 
Make sure you clean your tins throughly and remove any labels and glue
In a well ventilated area spray the tins, leave to dry and spray again 
Thats it - simple hey?!

For the vases:
Cut your lace to the exact length and circumference of your vase (I did about 70 vases so I think I cut about 20 pieces of lace and re-used)
Using spray mount apply a thin layer of glue to the lace and quickly stick to the vases
Once all your vases are prepped with lace start spraying with your spray paint. I did mine in colour batches so I could do two thin coats of the same colour without moving the vases too much in between coats  
Once dry, remove the lace and fill with flowers
 When the room was set they gave really pretty flashes of colour across all the tables.

Table image - Mckinley Rogers 

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! You did a great job!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome DIY. Turned out great!

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how these turned out! And I'm even more smitten with how colorful everything is! I bet it was a fun wedding.

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments - I love hearing what readers think. And as a bonus I have just found 3 fab new blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover